Monday, May 2, 2011

Shoshone Falls

One of my favorite places is Shoshone Falls on the Snake River near Twin Falls, Idaho.  On our way home from Boise last week end we stopped.  This time of year the water is roaring over the falls.  This picture is made up of 50 pictures.  I HDRed together 10 pan shots, each HDR is made up of 5 shots.  I took the houses and etc in the background out of the picture.   I don't know why anyone would let people build houses on the precipice of the falls, but I guess it's a free country.  As a side bar my computer has nine gigabytes of RAM.  I used 7.5 while processing the stitching in Photoshop.  The picture is a 325Mb tiff.  I've reduced it to a 145Kb jpg for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! You'd never know this is multiple pics, you did such an outstanding job of blending them altogether. I'm so impressed with ALL your photos, brother!

    ReplyDelete